Thursday, February 16, 2012

Clean Mush

Today was a gray and rainy February day.  It was looking like it was going to be a long morning, so I decided we better come up with a fun activity quick!  I had read about the idea to make clean mush online and thought we would give it a try.

We started with two rolls of toilet paper that James was delighted to play with...




At first he was a little hesitant because I never let him play with the toilet paper!  But then he got into the fun.




He ran and stomped and made a big mess without having to hear the words "No James!"




Then the real fun began!  I grated a bar of soap... sounds crazy I know.  Next I put it in a big plastic container and mixed it with 1/3 cup of Borax.  Then I added the t.p. and mixed with warm water to make the mush.




I decided to strip him down to his onesie so we didn't make a total mess!  Then I gave him some spoons and cups and a potato masher and let him go to town.  He loved it!










I had fun too!  Ordinarily I hate to make a mess, but it was actually fun to mush around in and it smelled nice and clean!  It was a great way to spend an otherwise long morning!


No comments:

Post a Comment