Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Celebrating Pop

Over Memorial Day weekend we had the honor of celebrating my dad's birthday with him.  He does not like to be celebrated, but there was no way we were going to let him get away without a little party and singing.  Everyone deserves a birthday cake!

This year was a quiet Memorial Day weekend.  My mom was away in Scotland and with both of my sisters living out of town it was pretty mellow.  We ate pizza, which he insisted on bringing... and ate cake and he played with the boys.  It was sweet time with a man who deserves so much more, but who would never take anything.

You see... my dad is quiet and extremely humble.  He is committed, he is hardworking, he is a former Marine and he's my hero.  My boys absolutely love him.  Everyone loves him.  He quickly attracts people with his quiet spirit and love for Christ.

We are truly blessed beyond measure to have him in our lives.

Happy Birthday to my wonderful dad and our sweet Papa!  We love you!










No comments:

Post a Comment