Sunday, November 6, 2011

Lovely Fall Days!



I can't believe we are already into the beginning of November and we are still enjoying a few sixty degree days!  We have been soaking up the sunshine the past month and especially the past few days before the doom and gloom of another dreary Pittsburgh winter.  James absolutely LOVES being outside!  He would spend the whole day out there if I would let him.  Every time he hears the door beep he abandons whatever he has been doing and goes running... only to throw himself into an angry heap on the floor when he realizes the door has already shut and he has missed his opportunity!  He loves the leaves on the ground and thinks it's hilarious to crunch around in them or jump in them.






It's so much fun to see him wander around and explore the yard with wonder.  It is a reminder to me to see the beauty in God's creation each day.  So often I get caught up in the busyness of day to day life and forget to look up and to look around... and I miss Him speaking to me.







There is so much He wants to say to me through His creation, through my children, through folding another load of laundry or washing another dish... and yet so often I miss it because I am too busy or too absorbed into my own world.  I am so grateful for His grace.  And I am so thankful that He loves me enough to shake me out of myself and catch a glimpse of things from His perspective.  It makes all the difference and it is wonderfully overwhelming!

It is through the eyes of a child that I behold His wonder and praise Him.










Open my eyes, that I may behold wonderful things...
                                                          
                                                            ~Psalm 119:18



No comments:

Post a Comment