Thursday, December 29, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

I am a little behind on my holidays here!  But I didn't want to skip over anything, so I am playing catch up today.  We hosted Thanksgiving at our home this year, which was really nice because we were able to have both sides of our family all together rather than running from one house to the next.  The day started early with breakfast for me and my little turkey.


My mom came over mid-morning and helped me with the bird... phew!  I have no idea what I am doing in that department!  We made the stuffing together and peeled the potatoes and then she went home for a few hours before everyone else arrived.  Everyone brought a dish, so the prep work was very easy.  I really just had to set the table!







We served appetizers around four and ate dinner at 5:30.  Of course I filled up on all the yummy appetizers and was stuffed by the time the turkey came around!








Lots of merriment followed our meal.  We went through all the shopping ads to see if there were any good deals to be had on Black Friday, the guys watched sporting events of some sort, cousins raced around laughing and loving on one another and of course we ate some more... pie, cookies, cupcakes.  It was the overindulgence that has come to be expected on this day.









We are so thankful for the many blessings our God has showered upon us this past year.  We praise His holy name yesterday, today and always...


Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good.  His love endures forever.
~Psalm 136:1

No comments:

Post a Comment