Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The View from Here

30 weeks and counting!



Whoa... right?  My belly is getting bigger by the moment and this is how I prefer to spend my time these days.  I'm pretty sure I was about this big when James was born.  Yikes!  The other day I was filling my glass with water and I caught Paul looking at me.  I asked him what he was looking at and his response was, "a lot".  Gotta love it!  This is the stage of pregnancy when you feel like a whale.  Everything takes effort.   Just putting on my shoes gets me winded.  But as I sit here typing I am watching my belly dance.  Now that is super cool!  Even though this is my second time around it is still wildly amazing to think that there is actually a living little being in there.  It's almost hard to wrap my mind around.

I can't wait to meet this little guy.  I wake up at night wondering what he is going to look like and how he is going to fit into our family.  I am simultaneously excited and scared of the change this will bring to  our lives.  I am sad to lose my one on one time with James and yet I know he is going to love having a little brother.  Life will be different for sure... crazy and wonderfully different.



 Behold, children are a gift of the LORD, 
The fruit of the womb is a reward. 
 Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, 
So are the children of one’s youth. 
 How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them; 
They will not be ashamed When they speak with their enemies in the gate.

~Psalm 127:3-5


No comments:

Post a Comment