Sunday, April 29, 2012

A Birthday Cake for our Baby

Someone told me about the idea of making a birthday cake for the new baby as a means of helping James to understand that he is going to be a big brother.  I totally don't think he gets it, but I thought it would be fun anyways.  He loves to "help" me in the kitchen!  I got out his step stool and we went to work on a fabulous Pillsbury Funfetti cake for our little bundle!




James did a great job!  He helped me pour the ingredients into the bowl.  He is fascinated by the mixer! Anytime I make anything he comes running to see the action.



I love this sweet little face!



He got out his own measuring spoons and pretended to work.  So cute!



Off to the oven for thirty minutes...



After it came out of the oven we iced and decorated!




I love it!  We wrapped it in tinfoil and put it in a Ziploc and off it went to the freezer for safe keeping until our little boy arrives.

We can't wait to meet him!


Praise the LORD, O my soul;
all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
       
                                                      ~Psalm 103:1


No comments:

Post a Comment