Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Touch a Truck

This past Saturday I took James to a "Touch a Truck" event at a neighboring township.  He absolutely loves cars, trucks, buses, construction vehicles, airplanes... basically anything that moves and makes noise.  He spends half his time in our playroom just looking out the window and watching things go by and then imitating the noises they make.  He has recently come to love fire trucks and police cars, so I thought for sure this event would be a hit!  The first half hour was quiet with no sirens, which I figured would be best for him at this age.  While he likes the sirens, I knew they would scare him if up close.  Daddy and Drew had a baseball game, so Nana and Pop accompanied us.





He was a little more nervous than I anticipated.  I thought for sure he would want to climb into all the trucks, but he was more comfortable being held and looking at them from a distance.  Go figure!





He did really like the construction vehicles.  Those he was interested in climbing up and sitting on the seat.  No smiles for the camera though!   He was very stoic!









We did get him in the fire truck briefly!






He was not into the fireman putting him in the truck though!




He checked out a police car with Pop...




And after about twenty minutes he had had enough and was ready to go on a walk!




All in all I'm glad that we went, but I think he will probably be more into these types of things next year!  One thing is for sure... he loves his Pop!  We are so blessed to have them nearby!  He is so patient and genuinely loves to spend time with my little guy.  We love you Pop!

No comments:

Post a Comment