Sunday, November 4, 2012

Fall Happenings

The month of October has been a whirlwind and I have to say... I'm kind of glad it's over.  We have been trying to cram in as many fun fall activities as possible, but have been plagued with colds, fevers, teething and bouts with the stomach flu as well as a hurricane of monster sized proportions!  Let's just say we have been battling a lot.

Not all of the fun was lost though.  We did still enjoy our trip to Shenot's Farm on a beautiful, cool fall Sunday.  James was enamored with the tractor!


It was a fun ride up the hill to the patch.


And there was plenty to enjoy at the top!




My sweet little pumpkin...


Compare him to James... two years ago!


And now look at my Jamesy... almost 2 1/2!


I love these guys!




Ethan was thoroughly tuckered out by the end of the trip.


We didn't actually buy any pumpkins at Shenot's this year.  The little boys are really still too little to carve and the big boy is not really all that excited by it anymore.  So, I had pumpkins painted for each of them instead.  They turned out so cute!


Each one had their own theme.




Due to the Hurricane Sandy our township opted to postpone Halloween.  So, we actually celebrated on November 3rd this year.  I managed to do a little photo shoot of my darling dalmation!


He is so cooperative and happy for photos that I just keep snapping and snapping!  He is almost sitting up.


But not quite!


Oops!  That's ok... He will just keep right on smiling.


My sweet mother-in-law came down to have dinner with us before trick or treat and then she handed out candy while we took James to a few houses.


Ethan got to stay in the nice warm house with her.  Brrr... it was chilly!  Our little fireman was all ready to go.  He was very serious.  No smiles for the camera. 




Well... I did get one.  But that was only because he was getting ready to loot our candy bowl!


In typical James fashion I heard him talking to his Little People all morning this morning telling them all to say "cheese".  Love that kid!

How about this one?  We're not really sure what he is... but you're never too old to dress up!


James loved trick or treating!  We just took him down our street in the neighborhood, but he could have definitely kept going.  Did I mention it was cold?!  Oh... and the Pitt/Notre Dame game was on.  Priorities people!



I don't think he ever actually said "trick or treat", but he became quite skillful at reaching into the bowl and taking what he wanted.  He did whisper "thank you" at each house.  It was so cute!



There was even a visit from the firetruck!  That was a real highlight.


And this woman downright scared him!  From there on out everyone was "spooky".


Once we got home he immediately dug into his pumpkin for a treat!


I can't wait until next year when we will have two little buddies to take around the neighborhood!



As October comes to a close I am so thankful for our family, for sweet boys and for our health.








































No comments:

Post a Comment