Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Six Months Old!

Dear Ethan,

You are now half a year old!  It's hard to believe and you have come a long way since those first weeks home from the hospital when you were just an itty bitty who cried a whole bunch!  Now you are a big, strong and healthy boy who almost always has a smile plastered on his face.  We love you!


This is what you have been up to in the last month:

- At your six month well check you weighed 19.4 (80th percentile), you were 27" (70th percentile) and your head circumference was in the 90th percentile.  We lovingly refer to you as the square rectangle.  You are adorable!
- You are wearing size 3 diapers and 9 month or 6-12 month clothes
- You are eating three meals a day now and drinking four bottles (5 oz. each)
-  We are working on your schedule and you are doing well, though you are still an inconsistent napper.  We are aiming for three naps a day at 9, 2 and dinnertime.
-  I finally put the swing away for good and you are in your crib full time and sleeping unswaddled.  Can I get an amen?!
- You are still not sleeping through the night, but are making it until about 4:30 or 5.  Then you come into bed with mommy and daddy and sleep blissfully until about 7... arms straight up over your head and hogging most of my pillow!
- You do wonderfully at BSF and the nursery at church.  Everyone just loves you and you have the most pleasant personality!
- You are very content when you are awake and love to be where there is action.  You cry when we leave you alone in a room.  You love the jumperoo, the saucer and your walker and have mastered sitting up on your own.
-  You only spit up occasionally and are completely off Zantac.  Yay!
- You love your brothers and are always laughing and smiling when one of them walks into the room.  It's really fun to watch you and James interact.  He already likes to wrestle and play with you, which can be a bit overwhelming for you at times but mostly you laugh hysterically at him.



I love this age as it seems you are mastering new skills every day!

As the weather grows colder and you are napping more regularly we are going into a season of quiet days at home.  I am loving all of this special time I get to have with my two little buddies.  Some days are especially long and tiresome and I know God is using these days to grow my faith and trust in Him.  But I am always amazed at His provision.  He knows what I have need of and He lovingly nourishes my soul.  And usually the very next day I experience such joy and peace in abundance and I am so grateful for this life He has given me.  I am so thankful for you!  I am one blessed mama.  Happy six months to my sweet baby boy!




I will sing of the Lord’s great love forever;
    with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known
    through all generations.
~Psalm 89:1

No comments:

Post a Comment