Thursday, February 21, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

I am woefully behind on posting once again!  I'm not sure where the hours of my day go, but it seems as though there are never enough and I often feel like I am trying to catch up.  There are so many things that need to be done, should be done and want to be done and usually once I am finished with the things that need to be done, I am either out of hours or out of energy.  But, today I find myself with a bit of quiet time and the opportunity to sit down at my computer and tap away.

Valentine's Day was really fun this year!  I found myself getting caught up in crafts and little projects that I don't particularly love to do, but they turned out so cute and so I ended up enjoying the process.

I made oreo truffles and chocolate cookies dipped in candy, which were both surprisingly easy and delicious!  Pinterest sucked me into all sorts of darling ideas that were seemingly easy, but for this non-crafter nothing is ever that easy!  I made these cute tags that I attached to Strawberry Crush drinks.


We made a picture for daddy.  BTW... I still have red handprints on my bathroom floor!



James made handprint valentines for Nan and Nana and Pop.


And the kids woke up to a few little Valentine gifts.


James loved his new cars!






And Ethan loved the wrapping!




Thanks for the great snacks Nan!


Later Nana stopped over with a few gifts...  Ethan was sleeping, so he missed the fun.  But James and Nana got to goof around.



Drew didn't get to see his until after school, but I got him tickets for him and I to see a broadway show together.  It was a musical with all the smash hits of Green Day, which is one of his favorite bands.  So, we went downtown last night and had a great time at Heintz Hall!  

Here are a few other pics of my little Valentine's...



Happy Valentine's Day... a little late!



















No comments:

Post a Comment