Friday, February 22, 2013

Winter Days

This winter has been exceptionally long and dreary.  It seems like almost every day we wake up to bitter cold and snow.  It really is very pretty and peaceful and it makes you just want to stay in and cozy  up by the fire.  But, as we near the end of February I am longing for warm, sunny days and the ability to run outside with no coats!

We have been staying in a lot between morning and afternoon naps with my littles, so we have to find things to pass the time.  We have been baking a lot and playing a lot of cars!

James has gotten out to play in the snow a few times, but he doesn't last long.  You know it's cold when  Daddy wears a down jacket with a hood.  He calls this his George Costanza coat.





James likes to play with our homemade playdough, except he smushes all the colors together, which is really hard for my OCD personality!



He has also been doing a little paint with water, which is another activity that mommy finds frustrating. I have a really hard time letting him paint like a two year old.  I have to hold myself back from grabbing the paint brush and painting the pictures the "right" way.





There is lots of "free"play.  James has recently taken to wrestling with Ethan.  Most of the time he likes it, but it usually ends in tears as Ethan gets rolled on, stepped on or knocked over.  I am learning how to let these little guys be boys.  It's very hard for me!








Ethan spends most days in his jammies.  Wouldn't you love to be this cozy?


It has been a long winter.  But in many ways, as I look at these pictures, I can't believe how fast the days are passing.  Ethan turned nine months old this week.  How is that possible?  I am so grateful to be at home with these boys... having the opportunity to enjoy them this way.  It is a true blessing.  

May the favor of the Lord our God rest upon us; establish the work of our hands for us - yes, establish the work of our hands.
~Psalm 90:17












No comments:

Post a Comment