Saturday, January 7, 2012

Baby Reveal Party

The week before Christmas we went for our ultrasound.  This time we decided not to find out the sex of the baby while in the appointment.  Instead we had the technician write it on a card and seal it in an envelope.  We then had a family friend (who turned out to be my dad... long story!) fill a giant box with either blue or pink balloons.  We really wanted to find out the exciting news with all of our family right there with us.  So everyone came over for dinner that night with the exception of my sister who lives in Georgia.  We called her immediately to share the news!  And we opened the box in front of them.  It was so much fun... an early Christmas present!!

I made a fun cake... which I ate about half of over the course of the week!  I think I put on five pounds with this alone!






And we had everyone take a guess at boy or girl.  The majority voted for boy.  I guessed boy myself, but I must admit I was definitely shocked when blue balloons came out of the box!  I am destined to be in a house full of males!  I had dreams of buying sweet little pink dresses and bows for a little curly headed girl, but God has plans for this special boy and we are thrilled and honored to be a part of them.

After my initial shock wore off I set to work planning for our new nursery.  I have much work to do to get the room ready.  It is an exciting time of planning and preparation!  There is nothing like awaiting the arrival of a new baby!  It is truly a joy filled time full of much hope and anticipation.

I am sure the next few months will be busy, but I am really praying the Lord will give me quiet moments to share with Him and that he will be preparing my heart for this arrival as well as preparing me to mother these sweet boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment