Thursday, January 26, 2012

My Little Snow Bunny

It has been a pretty rainy winter here, which I am not complaining about!  But this past weekend we finally got a big snow storm and we woke up Saturday morning to nearly seven inches of snow!  It was pretty exciting, so I raced out to Target to buy James a pair of snow boots and stuffed him into his cute this snowsuit that I bought at a consignment sale last fall.  I thought he would love it!  But he was less than thrilled.  He hated the boots... due to the fact that his feet are so wide, it is very difficult to get this kid in a pair of shoes.  I mean, it took some serious huffing and puffing to stuff his feet in!  Once he was outside and he could run, he was just fine.  He looked hysterical!  Seriously, he reminded me of the little brother on A Christmas Story.  I think it took us longer to put all the gear on than he was actually outside!

It brought back all the nostalgia of my own sled riding days... waking up to see a fresh blanket of snow yet untouched by the world, bundling up and racing outside with my neighbors.  We would spend hours going down the hill in their side yard, building jumps, racing down the hill and then running back up for another turn.  Oh the calories I must have burned!  When we would finally tire out I would head back into our nice cozy house and drink hot cocoa by the fireplace.  My mom and I would set up a card table and work on puzzles while watching movies like Anne of Green Gables.  I'm so thankful for those memories and I hope to be able to create special ones with my own children.

Here are a few pictures of my own sweet little snow bunny...

















He was loving it until he took a spill!  Then it was time to go back inside!!





To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent. 
O LORD my God, 
I will give thanks to You forever.
~Psalm 30:12

No comments:

Post a Comment