Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Long Overdue

So I've taken a long hiatus from blogging... I don't even know how long it's been!  The reasons are endless and I won't bore you with them, but I'm feeling guilty and sad that I have not documented many of the milestones that have taken place over the past several months.  This has driven me to set myself down in front of the computer this afternoon rather than taking my siesta (I'm 7 months pregnant people!) and do a little catching up... starting with the present:)

We just got back from a much anticipated trip to Florida.  We were able to escape the cold and snow of a March spring in Pittsburgh and travel to my parents' timeshare in Orlando to spend a few days in the warm sunshine.  We had a wonderful time minus a short vomiting stint!  I will spare you the details... and now we are settled back in to our comfy routine enjoying the beginning of longer days and warm-ish weather.

I was really nervous about flying alone with the two boys, but they did awesome!  They absolutely loved the airport and the plane ride and were mesmerized by the whole experience.  Ethan kept shouting "Whee" and laughing gleefully when we landed, much to the amusement of the people around us.  They watched shows and snacked for the entire two hour plane ride and I even got to read my book!



They slept well, which was a huge accomplishment for Ethan!


We swam, ate lots of ice cream, rode the Merry-Go-Round, went to the Rainforest Cafe, visited Sea World and just enjoyed the pure pleasure of being able to be outdoors.  It was awesome!





James absolutely loved the pirate ship pool and could have swam every moment of the entire five days. I was able to see the benefit of the past twelve weeks of swimming lessons.  He has gained so much confidence and is swimming like a fish!

In Downtown Disney we visited the Lego Store.  I wanted James to stand in front of something really cool like the life size seven dwarfs display or Woody and Buzz Lightyear, but no, he wanted to stand in front of the Sidney Opera House.  Three year olds!


They loved the Merry-Go-Round!


And "Tick Tock croc" at the Rainforest Cafe.  It kept them quite entertained while we waited for thirty minutes to eat overpriced burgers and listen to the waiters shout the volcano song every two minutes as they walked by with ridiculously enormous chocolate desserts.  That place is a well oiled machine that makes you feel a little bit like you are eating in a factory, but the kids loved it!  It was well worth the trip.



I thought they might be scared of the thunderstorm inside the restaurant, but they loved it and wanted it to go on and on!


We got to sit right next to the elephants... best seat in the house we were told:)



The train was a big hit, except the second time around James didn't get to sit in the engine and then it was a tragedy!




The kids loved just playing outside.  We did bubbles and played basketball and thoroughly enjoyed talking to the birds!






The last day we went to Sea World.  It was a bit crowded, there were no whale shows because the theatre was being renovated, we missed the Sea Lion show because we waited too long to go in and I'm pretty sure we ate bad hotdogs that later made the kids sick, but we made the best of it!  The boys favorite things were the Elmo show (go figure) and their Shamu bubble blowers, which were totally worth the $26 I spent on them!







The plane ride home was no where near as fun as the trip down, but it never is when you're coming home.  It was a fabulous week and we're so thankful to my parents for letting us tag along on their vacation.

Now that I have my first post in five months under my belt, I hope to not be a stranger to blogging!

More to follow... soon.






No comments:

Post a Comment